Santa Maria, CA 93455
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
Are you interested in beginning a new career in the exciting world of aviation? We are looking for qualified candidates looking to learn a new trade in aviation restoration as Aircraft Coating Technicians.
If you are energetic, resourceful, motivated, creative, and looking for a long term career, we are looking for you. We have been restoring and customizing show winning aircraft here in Santa Maria for over 30 years.
Our work has won competitions worldwide.
You must be able to pass a background check, must be willing and able to work full time, with some overtime required.
This is a creative process, no sitting at a desk here!
You must be able and willing to grow your skills as a craftsman.
We demand excellence; this is an artistic role that requires passion; this is not a JOB, but a career.
Don’t have experience? Not to worry, we will train the right candidate
We will only be hiring the right five applicants! If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Complete the application online
Role and Responsibilities
Aircraft Coating Technicians 1 are an integral part of the aircraft refurbishing process; as a Coating Tech 1, you are responsible for the aircraft intake inspection and pre-paint preparation. Coating Tech 1 is accountable for the task below. Mastery of these tasks will place you on the path to Aircraft Painter Certification at Art Craft Paint Inc.
- Prepare the aircraft surfaces for chemical stripping by covering sensitive components with chemical resistant barriers
- Prepare the substrate for coating using various pretreatment methods using chemicals, detergents, and solvents in conjunction with high-pressure water.
- Assemble staging, scaffolds, and work stands necessary to perform the full functions of the paint shop
- Application of solvent resistant films and protective coverings
- Identification and protection of chemically sensitive aircraft components
- Application of post-strip and pre-prime and paint coverings
- Application of chemical stripping agents
- Preparing aircraft surfaces for paint sanding, scuffing, and grinding of aircraft and aircraft components as necessary to ensure proper application of new primers and paint.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal and state safety guidelines
- General production area housekeeping and organization
- Tasks as assigned
- Understanding of respiratory protection
- Working knowledge of aircraft components
- Bi-Lingual Preferred- Spanish & English
- Must be able to lift or push 50-100lbs
- Reliable transportation
- Must be able to stand, kneel, crouch, bend, and lay on the back for extended periods
- Use of PPE, Respirators for extended periods
- Must be able to use ladders and lifts occasionally
- Will be working near or around running aircraft
- Ability to take part in training and pass written exams
- Participation in DOT Drug Testing Program is required
- Must be able to clear background check
- Will work in wet conditions